Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lost

So I started watching Lost. Tonight. I thought it would be fun to try to follow along. Here's what I have gathered so far:

• Hagrid has decided to stay on the island with Jack. Maybe they will open a restaurant.

• The Hobbit grew up, became a rock star and hooked up with a blonde girl.

• Desmond has run off to be in the next Indiana Jones movie.

• The lesbian doctor who used to be with Kerry on ER is now bouncing between Big brother and Long-haired-cop guy.

• Hagrid must have brought a lifetime supply of hair products with him on his trip. How in the world did he get that past homeland security?

• I think they are going to find Gandalf.

• I think I might be a bit leery of another plane ride.

• Did that pilot say his name was Sully?

• I hope they all get home in time to see the finale of DWTS.

• It's Dr. Xavier. They are going to start a school for mutants.

• Apparently some folks on the island have been sneaking off to shave.

• I see dead people.

• Those cane poles are a booger to kill. My grandmother had tons of them in her backyard once.

• Hagrid's girlfriend used to be a crazy person on the Guiding Light.

• With as many followers as this show has, I think many of them could remain confused on how to avoid being "Lost." I wouldn't expect a secular show like this to share the gospel, though they did skim over some metaphors like living water and light. All that to say that I am thankful that I don't fear death, as many on the show did. What comfort comes in knowing the Love that is waiting for me on the other side, when it's my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment